Week 6 Mon 8th - Fri 14th Feb
- Monday lesson 1 independent practice (can be printed if required)
- Monday lesson 1 introducing division and vocab.pptx
In this lesson, we will read the PowerPoint about causal conjunctions together then I would like you to complete worksheet 1 and worksheet 2. (Can you copy out worksheet two in to your home learning books and use it to practise your handwriting please?)
Try to remember some of the causal conjunctions that you have used today because they are useful in persuasive writing.
Can you highlight some causal conjunctions in the model text (the letter to Mrs Sanderson about school uniform)?
- Monday Lesson 6 - Causal conjunctions Worksheet (Can be printed if required)
- Monday Lesson 6 - Causal conjunctions Worksheet PDF version
- Monday lesson 6 Causal Conjunctions teachers PPT.ppt
This week’s PE activities are based on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_KaDUryDes – improving your reactions – reaction wall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxnX2W3LcDY – target practice.
Please follow the links below to access the lessons.
- Tuesday lesson 2 independent practice (can be printed if required)
- Tuesday lesson 2 - understanding grouping teachers PPT.pptx
- Tuesday Lesson 7 boxing up - persuasive letter - template (can be printed if required)
- Tuesday lesson 7 boxing up teacher's PPT.pptx
- Tuesday Lesson 7 boxing up - persuasive letter - template PDF version
In this lesson, you will learn about how you are able to separate mixtures and solutions.
We will go through the PowerPoint together. If you want to refer back to the PowerPoint later, I have added some sound files to help you. To listen to them, all you need to do is click on the play button on the slide. (This may not work so well with a tablet)
If you have the resources at home to do the practical activities great, if not try to complete the task sheets attached with the best of you knowledge.
resources to gather:
- sand (or something similar if possible)
- paper clips (or something metal)
- a magnet (fridge magnet could work)
- possibly a sieve
- an old pillow case or something similar (to act as filter paper)
- a funnel
- separating mixtures TASK 1.(can be printed if required)
- Separating Mixtures Explanations Activity Sheet (Can be printed if required)
- Lesson Presentation Separating Mixtures.pptx
- Wednesday lesson 3 - introducing short method teachers PPT.pptx
- Wednesday lesson 3 independent practice (can be printed if required)
Wednesday – HOT TASK – letter.
In today’s English lesson, I would like you to use the boxing up that you did yesterday to write your persuasive letter. Remember, you can always refer back to the model text for ideas.
- An introduction stating who you are and what the issue is
- Three paragraphs with different persuasive reasons for your arguments
- At least five of the key phrases on the boxing up sheet to be used
- A concluding paragraph making clear what you expect to happen and a signing off to the letter with yours sincerely
- Accurate and sophisticated formal language
- Accurate punctuation
- A range of sentence structures
- Perfect spelling.
- Antarctica_text.pdf (can be printed if required)
- questions to go with the text.pdf (can be printed if required)
- Knowledge organiser.pdf (can be printed if required)
- Thursday lesson 4 - 3 digit by 1 digit teachers PPT.pptx
- Thursday lesson 4 independent practice (may be printed if required).pdf
- Friday lesson 5 independent practise (print if required).pdf
- Friday lesson 5 - divide 4 digit by 1 digit.pptx