Agenda for Mylor School first PTA AGM
16th July 2019
Attendees: Beccy Brougham – Chair/Minutes, Emily Garrod, Nikki Lumby, Danielle Ditty, Polly Radford, Bryony Hadley, Vicky Sanderson
- Committee organisation
- Chair – Beccy Brougham – voted in by the parents of Mylor Bridge via paper ballot.
- Vice Chair – To be decided, nominations to be requested
- Co/Treasurer – Emily Garrod & Jenna Chase Wills (not present but had agreed to be nominated verbally)
i. Nominated by Nikki Lumby seconded by Beccy Brougham
ii. Unanimous vote
- Secretary – Bryony Hadley
i. Nominated by Beccy Brougham, seconded by Vicky Sanderson
ii. Unanimous vote
- Teacher rep – Mrs Sanderson
- Public Engagement coordinator – Polly Radford
- Events Coordinator – nominations to be requested
- Class reps – nominations to be requested
- It was decided that the PTA would be named Mylor Bridge PTA.
- It was agreed that we would join the Parentkind website at a cost of £110 and the following would be obtained from it or via it:
ii. Charity Status
iii. Public liability insurance
ACTION: Beccy Brougham to liaise with Sophie to obtain payment from money previously raised to join Parentkind
ACTION: Beccy Brougham to personalise the constitution and bring to next meeting for review and sign off by PTA
ACTION: Beccy Brougham to apply for Charity Status (may need the bank account to be set up before this)
- Bank account:
i. The requirements for a Bank account were discussed, and it was recommended that we not use HSBC/Alliance & Leicester/Santander for various reasons.
It was also suggested that it might be worth banking with a bank that does match funding if a member of staff is associated with the charity. A decision is still needed as to which bank to set up and what is needed.
ACTION: All to find out if any banks are associated with school parents, and which bank to go for.
ACTION: Beccy Brougham to find out what is required to set up the bank and liaise with the treasurers.
ii. Access to be given to both treasurers & chair
- It has been agreed there needs to be a clear mission statement outlining what the PTA is about.
ACTION: Beccy Brougham to research other mission statements and come with a suggested one.
To link to school’s values and vision statement
- It was agreed that fundraising will cover:
- Curriculum resourcing
- School Trips
- Developing cultural capital
- and won’t cover:
- Staff costs
- Building repairs/maintenance
- Communication Plans
- Social Media
i. Facebook – it was agreed that we would ask that the “Friends of Mylor” pages be archived and a new facebook group/page would be set up for the PTA
ACTION: To request that the current facebook pages are deactivated/archived
ACTION: To set up a new facebook page/group
ACTION: To confirm if it should be a page or group
ii. Social Media Manager required
ACTION: To request a nominee
- Website – requirement for a website to be reviewed at a later date.
- Communication within the PTA team to be via a Whatsapp group initially
- Documents to be shared via a Googledocs folder. All PTA can access and review documents here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tjqq_1MYjAVmv8g5yNP1lrcB3QV0iQIw?usp=sharing
- Communication with parents and families via a regular Leaflet/Newsletter
ACTION: First Newsletter to be created for the beginning of next term, to have a PTA Launch
- Email to be sent out to whole school including Minutes of this meeting and Action items
- To highlight that ALL parents belong to the PTA and all meetings are open.
- For events to occur we need more volunteers
- Vice Chair/Social Media Manager/Events Coordinator/Class reps are all needed
- Autumn plans
- Coffee morning early Autumn term within Tremaine Hall to involve/invite WHOLE village
- Some classes can do some music/singing
- Can highlight what is needed within the school, not just fundraising but volunteering etc
- Logo competition with the school children to decide on PTA logo
- Year plans – not sure if any were previously set up by Freya. Mrs S would like a disco in the Autumn term and maybe an Xmas Film Night
- Disco – discussed the possibility of two tier ticket – one includes food & drink, one that doesn’t (only this way really to accommodate those who can’t eat the food)
- Possibly get Dominoes or similar to donate pizzas
- Leah Yates – another PTA Chair in Cornwall who has had amazing results and raised loads of money.
- Look at other local businesses too
ACTION: Polly to follow up with Freya to check what if any has been booked in already? World Book Day?
ACTION: Need a Sub-committee or lead for Disco and/or Film Night
- Need to get Sub Committees on board so that they can run their events and feedback into the PTA
- Sub Committees:
iv. Other Events i.e. Disco/Film/Fairs
- Ideas Bank – to have a shareable document where Ideas can be logged and if appropriate actioned/owned. All PTA members to log own ideas and those shared by wider PTA community
ACTION: Beccy Brougham to create this and add to Google Drive
- Catalogue of suppliers & skills amongst parents and affiliated people to be set up. For example, if we have a parent who can write bids this would be really useful for when we want to apply to a charity. Or a parent or relative who can run a disco.
ACTION: Beccy Brougham to create this document and add to Google Drive
- Crowdfunder for playground: it was discussed that we need a LOT more leaflet dropping, parents need to collect leaflets before the end of term and do letterbox drops soon. Doesn’t matter how local it is but need to let Polly/Sophie know where they will leaflet drop so it’s not duplicated. Also need to approach businesses.
ACTION: ALL PTA to share this with other parents and let them know what is needed
ACTION: ALL PTA to take extra leaflets home with them so that others can collect from them
- Kellan Radford is still hoping to get a boat for the playground
- Next Meeting Date: confirmed for Tuesday 3rd Sept 7.30pm in the Lemon Arms
i. Choose name
ii. When you apply you’ll be asked:
about your charity’s charitable purposes
for proof that your charity’s annual income is above £5,000, unless you’re a CIO
You’ll also need to give your charity’s:
bank or building society details
most recent accounts
contact details, including a postal address
trustees’ names, dates of birth and contact details
a copy of your charity’s governing document (in PDF format)
Proof of income
Proof of income, if needed, can be any one of:
your charity’s latest ‘published’ annual accounts (in PDF format) – they must have been approved as proof of income by an independent examiner or auditor
a recent bank statement (as a scanned image)
a formal offer of funding from a recognised funding body (as a scanned image)