Mylor Bridge School
Design and technology offers children a chance to use creative thinking and activity within a defined purpose and tangible outcome. It can be found in many of the objects children use each day and is a part of children’s immediate experiences.
As a subject, design and technology combines skills, knowledge, concepts and values to enable children to tackle real problems. It can improve analysis, problem solving, practical capability and evaluation skills.
We want to help children achieve this through the use of our continuous focus on the 4 Rs of:
The national curriculum for design and technology aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop design and making skills.
- Develop knowledge and understanding.
- Use a wide range of tools and materials.
- Learn about health and safety and protective measures.
- Work individually and within a group in a variety of contexts.
- Develop the capability to create products of a high standard through skills and understanding.
- Promote creativity and innovation.
- Explore the man-made world and encourage discussion of how we live and work within it.
- Develop an interest in and understanding of technological processes and the role of manufacturing in society.
- Learn the principles of nutrition, healthy eating and how to cook